Friday, September 18, 2009

Did you know?

It would take 11 Empire State Buildings stacked one on top of the other to measure the Gulf of Mexico at its deepest point, in case you didn´t know. Also, something else you don´t know... I am now Director of Operations for the House of Prayer here in Mexico!
And in case you don´t know what that means, I´ll explain it for you. There are a lot of changes happening with how the House of Prayer (HOP) is organized here. There has been a couple here that has been overseeing the running of it for the past 9 months, since it started. They are now shifting out of this position and becoming full time intercessors in the HOP. This is going to be great, as it is our goal to open up more sessions and this is hard when the majority of musicians are volunteers. So, the pastor met with me last Sunday and asked me if I would take over most of their current responsibilities as well as some new ones. I will be overseeing all of the scheduling, policies and procedures, communication, etc. The pastor and his wife are the Directors, but I will be the one making sure everything gets done.
I love organizing things, so I am really excited about this opportunity. However, there is a LOT to organize. It is going to be a big undertaking. Due to some various reasons, none the fault of the couple that was serving in the HOP before, there are quite a few things that need a lot of structure and organization. One of the biggest problems is that the worship teams and prayers show up late for their sessions. It is now my job to figure out a way to get them to arrive on time. I am going to need a lot of grace this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment