Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is That!

There is nothing quite like the feeling one gets when they know that they are exactly where they are supposed to be taking part in something that is much bigger than themselves... That feeling when one is a part of something that they have only dreamed would be reality.

That´s exactly how I felt this morning.

"There are some things that God, like some talents, some gifts and some talents, that He wants to release in you. There is a whole lot in there. I feel that God is going to begin to develop gifts in you. Maybe even in the musical realm. Just be open....The thought came to my mind, break out that guitar. Break out some of those skills that you have and just go before the Lord with those things. Pull those out in a new way and begin to step out in some of those areas that you didn't think necessarily were your strongest areas. You´re more creative than you give yourself credit for and may even realize. I’m not sure but there is some kind of musical gift that God has given you to develop. It may not be the main area or function that she walks in but still a part of the picture."

These are pieces of prophetic words that my pastor and his wife spoke over me on March 17, 2007. I´ve held onto them and waited to see how the Lord would bring them to completion. I took piano lessons as a little girl, and since then have enjoyed playing in the privacy of my own home. I have never played on a worship team, or in a band, or in public (aside from recitals as a child)... that is, until this week. This week I started playing piano in the House of Prayer here at the church. (It is a room that is open 15 hours a day with worship and prayer).
I couldn´t help but think back to the words my pastor and his wife spoke over me over two years ago. I can´t adequately describe the feeling to you, but it overwhelmed me. Just knowing that this is just the beginning of seeing that word be completed. It thrills me. The joy that comes with helping create an atmosphere for people to enter into His presence is awesome. I am so excited to continue to develop the gifts and talents that the Lord has entrusted to me.

There is nothing quite like the feeling one gets when they know that they are exactly where they are supposed to be taking part in something that is much bigger than themselves... That feeling when one is a part of something that they have only dreamed would be reality.

... I know, because that is exactly how I feel today!

2 comments:

  1. YAY FOR USING MUSICAL TALENTS!!! When you get back, or when I go visit you ;) we can play for Jesus together!!!

    i misses you a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete