Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strategy at work...

Well, it has all begun. After some time of refreshing, reflecting, and preparing, I am ready to get to work. These last 2 weeks have been great as I was preparing myself for the future. Knowing I am here for more than a few weeks has caused me to look at life here through a different lens. I am becoming more aware of what it is the Lord wants to do through me here. I met with the Pastor today and am ready to start work tomorrow. I am excited for all that I will be doing. I will be working with the youth group and helping bring an administrative edge and strategic foundation to the high school and college aged student ministry that has just undergone a leadership transition. This is where my heart is - I am so excited to have this opportunity to challenge and provoke the youth! I will also be working on some strategic planning - processing and packaging some programs, as well as taking an in-depth look at the church´s database system so that it is running most effectively. Now this may sound boring to you, but this is the sort of stuff that I am wired to do, and I can´t wait to get started. Thank you for all your prayers! They will be especially appreciated in these coming weeks as I am starting to really need to communicate in Spanish. Thanks for partnering with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment