Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where Are You From?

This past Friday was Oremos Mexico, a monthly prayer gathering. They way it works, is various congregations in the central states gather monthly in their city, and then once every 4 months all the different congregations from various cities and states gather for a 4 hour prayer meeting for Mexico. On Friday, almost 400 from my church here went to León, Guanajuato. This was my first time in León, so that was fun. I drove there with the Lucateros, my family here. It was a blast to spend some time with them. The praying service was mind blowing, as over 15,000 people from different churches joined together in unity to intercede for Mexico.The next day, we ran into the León soccer team in the hotel we were staying at. I went down to the lobby with 7 year old Alek to take a picture of him with the team. The guys were very nice and obliged to the paparazzi. One of them asked me where we were from. I quickly responded, "Morelia." ... It took about 5 minutes before I thought through it and realized, "Oh wait, I´m not from Morelia, I´m from NY." Ha. The more I am here, the more the Lord is knitting my heart to this city, this church, and the people. So much so, it is becoming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment