Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oremos Mexico

This last weekend I had a super cool experience. On Oct 30, the night before all the festivities of Halloween and the Day of the Dead start here, I gathered with (I´ll guesstimate) over 10,000 Mexicans in the capital city of Aguascalientes to pray for revival in Mexico. It was an experience unlike any other.
First, it was just a lot of fun traveling with some of my closest friends here on the four hour bus ride and experiencing a new city with them. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.
Second, uniting in prayer with thousands for four hours was absolutely incredible. Outside in the city plaza downtown, we cried out for revival to fall on Mexico.
Third, a very bizarre feeling came over me as I walked into a market with two of my friends. We were walking around looking for some good food. I couldn´t help but feel out of place in a new city. The thought came to me... "this isn´t home." I realized that Morelia has become home to me. This isn´t just some strange foreign city in Mexico, this is my city, this is my home. And I was so glad when the bus pulled back into Morelia. It was like I had returned home to NY after an out of state trip. That feeling you get when you are in your place, where you are comfortable.. your home. I don´t know what all the Lord has for me here in Morelia or how long I will stay, but for now, it is home :)
It was an unforgettable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment