Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

As I reflect on this past year today, there is so much to be thankful for. The Lord has been so faithful. Back in the beginning for the year, I had the joyous opportunity to invest into the young people of my home church as the youth director. I was able to organize an outstanding (if I do say so myself) conference in May where many church leaders heard from the Lord, received healing, and were refreshed. I was able to spend time and connect with my brother and sister-in-law who live overseas. He has also been faithful as I have been adjusting to my new life here. I have an incredible apartment in a great location. I truly have amazing friends with whom I have made some incredible memories. I am involved in an awesome church that is doing incredible things to influence this city and transform the world. I love my work and have a great job where I am able to administrate (which I love) to create a culture of prayer in this church and city. And I have an incredible support team that stands behind me in prayer and blesses me financially so I can be doing the rest of these things that I am so thankful for.
For my first Thanksgiving away from home, I celebrated it with some American friends (and some Mexicans too) whom I met at Elim Bible Institute. None have us had ever really done much of the cooking for Thanksgiving before, so we were a little worried, but we worked like a team and it came out great! And the best part is, we were able to borrow a big screen TV and watch some American football!!! While it was different not being with my family to celebrate this special day and plan for crazy Black Friday shopping, I am so blessed to have friends here who are like family!

No comments:

Post a Comment