Wednesday, August 26, 2009

célula...

Well, last night I had my small group at my house. The leader of the group recently moved to Kansas City to attend school at IHOP, so now one of the other guys is in charge. He asked me if I would be willing to assist him with the group. Having led a small group in the States and having a heart for the young people here, I gladly said yes. It was all good until he asked me to share. So, last night, I gave my first "sermon" (if you can even call it that) in Spanish. It was an intimidating experience. There were 3 new people there, which added to the intensity. Screwing up in front of people who I know love me is one thing, but in a room full of strangers is a whole other. I wrote the whole thing out word for word to ensure that they would be able to understand me and had a friend read over it to correct my Spanish. Although this helped with their understanding, it was frustrating, because I did not have nearly as good of eye contact as my amazing preaching teacher would recommend. I spoke about how to prepare ourselves for a fresh revelation from God from Exodus 3:1-4 (the burning bush). It was definitely stretching. All in all, I´m glad I did it, and I look forward to opportunities to do it again.
My small group back in July. The guy with the bandana was the leader and now the guy in white behind me is the leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment